- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- most rooms are wonderful for the price
- great service
- some rooms are very small
Check Rates from our Partners
Right on the water and brimming with history, this family-run hotel dates from the early 20th century. The bedrooms are stuffed with floral patterns, iron bedsteads, feather quilts, lace, and linen. It's worth splashing out extra on a large room or suite here. Their quirky names (Happy Accident, Princess and the Pea, La Dolce Vita, Madame Bomans Boudoir) are as charming as their sumptuous interiors. Downstairs there is a small bar. Lace tablecloths, chandeliers, and tangerine linens and fabrics help create a warm mood in the very good restaurant (you can also dine outside in summer). The menu is unashamedly Swedish, with high-quality versions of classics like meatballs, salmon, and elk with lingonberries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more