- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Il Forno Italiano
Il Forno Italiano Review
From the outside, this place couldn't be more Swedish, housed as it is in a beautiful, centuries-old house opposite Uppsala's grand university building. Inside, though, a little bit of Italy takes over, with scrubbed-wood furniture, red check tablecloths and exposed brick and whitewashed walls. The food wins no awards for surprises—it's mostly trusted Italian staples—but the service and the quality of what's on the plate is extremely good. There's no wine list; your knowledgeable waiter will talk you through the best options once you have ordered your food. All in all, this is one of the most pleasant dining experiences in Uppsala.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I am very torn on which hotel to book in Stockholm our first visit. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more