- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Dating from the 17th century, Drottningholm castle is the permanent residence of Sweden's royal family. It's a huge palace, but with a modesty befitting a Scandinavian royal family they confine themselves to only a small corner of it, leaving the rest open to the public. The interior is a riot of European design history; the beautifully manicured gardens are even more impressive.
Drottningholm at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line