- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- stunning lake views
- very good spa
- often busy with conference trade
- very busy restaurant
Hotel Dalecarlia Review
There's a homey feel to this first-class hotel, which has exacting standards and good lake views. The lobby's comfy sofas and darkened corners are welcoming spots to sink into. Rooms are large and done in soft colors, and there is a spa and fitness center with pool, sauna, and beauty treatments. The restaurant ($$) is candlelighted and reminiscent of a farmhouse. It has oak beams, crisp white linen, and a large open fireplace perfect for an after-dinner brandy.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I will be visiting Stockholm on next March.
I was told that the metro has some stations that are worth visiting. Could anyone tell me which are the most beautiful metro stations to visit?
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more