Getting Here and Around
The E6 highway runs all the way up to Strömstad from Göteborg, and the views can't be beat. Campsites dot the route; you can take three hours or three days to get here.
Buses to the Strömstad leave from behind the central train station in Göteborg; the main bus company is Västtrafik. The trip takes between two and three hours.
The train trip from Göteborg to Strömstad takes about two hours, and there are several trains each day. For schedules call SJ.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe