Getting Here and Around
Taking the E6 highway along the length of the coast from Göteborg north to road 162 for Lysekil is the most convenient way to travel here. You'll need to take the free ferry across Gullmarsfjord; it runs approximately every 20 minutes, and the crossing itself takes about 10 minutes. For campers there are numerous well-equipped and uncluttered camping sites along the E6.
Alternately, buses to the region leave from behind the central train station in Göteborg; the main bus company is Västtrafik.
Regular train service along the coast connects all the major towns of Bohuslän. The trip from Göteborg to Uddevalla is short and pleasant, but you'll need to transfer in Uddevalla for the shuttle bus to Lysekil. For schedules call SJ.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe