- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Eth Paer Review
The early evening (open from 3pm) draws a drinks-and-tapas crowd, huddled around barrels outside by the door, comparing stories of the day's skiing or walking, before later becoming a laid-back wine bar and casual dinner venue. The creative salads are deliciously fresh, with ingredients such as tuna belly and warm duck, and there is a good selection of tapas, including carpaccio de ciervo (venison carpaccio) and tostada de emental, panceta y ceps confitados (toast with emental, pancetta, and mushroom confit). There is also a choice of embutidos (cold cuts), patés, and cheeses. The staff are only too happy to recommend a decent wine from the many lined up against each wall, and as it doubles as a shop, this is a great place to pick up a culinary souvenir, such as locally made savory and sweet preserves.
- Address: Carrer Major, 1, Vielha, 25530
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Vielha
- Closed Mon.–Wed. in Oct. and Nov. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
We will be driving from the Barcelona airport to Mirepoix, France on May 15th. Read more