- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Eth Paer Review
The early evening (open from 3pm) draws a drinks-and-tapas crowd, huddled around barrels outside by the door, comparing stories of the day's skiing or walking, before later becoming a laid-back wine bar and casual dinner venue. The creative salads are deliciously fresh, with ingredients such as tuna belly and warm duck, and there is a good selection of tapas, including carpaccio de ciervo (venison carpaccio) and tostada de emental, panceta y ceps confitados (toast with emental, pancetta, and mushroom confit). There is also a choice of embutidos (cold cuts), patés, and cheeses. The staff are only too happy to recommend a decent wine from the many lined up against each wall, and as it doubles as a shop, this is a great place to pick up a culinary souvenir, such as locally made savory and sweet preserves.
- Address: Carrer Major, 1, Vielha, 25530
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Vielha
- Closed Mon.–Wed. in Oct. and Nov. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
The only recent information about DCC was a post in October from IndyDad about his experiences. Read more