- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Parador de Vielha
At a Glance
- terrific observation post
- comfortable and relaxed
- over-modern and somewhat lacking in character
- beside a busy road
Check Rates from our Partners
Parador de Vielha Review
It's all about the views at this modern granite parador, and its shining star is a semicircular salon with huge windows and spectacular views over the Maladeta peaks of the Vall d'Aran. Many of the rooms also have a decent mountain view and a terrace, compensating for the somewhat functional design. The light-flooded restaurant serves Catalan and Pyrenean cuisine, such as olla aranesa (Aranese soup stew) and civet de jabali (wild boar stew). The addition of a spa has provided heated indoor and outdoor pools and a variety of treatments.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more