- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
El Castell de Ciutat
At a Glance
- best restaurant for many miles
- supremely comfortable rooms
- right next to a busy highway
- misses out on the feel of the town
Check Rates from our Partners
El Castell de Ciutat Review
Just outside town, this wood-and-slate structure beneath La Seu's castle is one of the finest places to stay in the Pyrenees—rooms on the second floor have balconies overlooking the river, those on the third have slanted ceilings and dormer windows, and suites include a salon. The internationally acclaimed restaurant, Tapies, specializes in mountain cuisine, particularly Pyrenean bolets (mushrooms) and caza (game) from the Cerdanya Valley. Reserve well in advance during summer or Easter week.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This TR is embarrassingly delayed. Read more
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more