- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
The kitchen in this small but stalwart stone town house overlooking the trout-infested Baztán River turns out excellent Basque fare, with a Navarran emphasis on vegetables. Try the txuritabel (roast lamb with a special stuffing of egg and vegetables), which is best in the spring (though available year-round), or txuleta de ternera (grass-fed veal raised in the valley), good any time of year. Brocheta de rape y langostinos (monkfish and king prawns served on skewers) is another favorite here; the desserts feature delicious homemade cuajada (custard).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
We are going to be in Madrid March 22-28. Read more