- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
The kitchen in this small but stalwart stone town house overlooking the trout-infested Baztán River turns out excellent Basque fare, with a Navarran emphasis on vegetables. Try the txuritabel (roast lamb with a special stuffing of egg and vegetables), which is best in the spring (though available year-round), or txuleta de ternera (grass-fed veal raised in the valley), good any time of year. Brocheta de rape y langostinos (monkfish and king prawns served on skewers) is another favorite here; the desserts feature delicious homemade cuajada (custard).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
My husband and I are taking a first time trip on the Windstar Yacht, the end of June. Read more