- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Santa Maria Review
Decorated with a pageant of biblical figures, the 12th-century doorway to the church is one of Catalonia's great works of Romanesque art, crafted as a triumphal arch by stone masons and sculptors of the Roussillon school, which was centered around French Catalonia and the Pyrenees. You can pick up a guide to the figures surrounding the portal in the new Centro de Interpretación del Monasterio in Placa de l'Abat nearby, which also has an interactive exhibition that explains the historical, cultural and religious relevence of this "cradle" of Catalonia. It also provides information about guided tours.
- Address: Pl. Monasterio s/n, Ripoll, 17500
- Phone: 972/704203
- Cost: Cloister and door €3, museum €4, Centro de Interpretación del Monasterio (exhibition) €2
- Hours: Cloister daily 10–1 and 3–6 (to 7 Mar.–end Sept.); museum Tues.–Sat. 10–1:30 and 4–6, Sun. 10–2; Centro de Interpretación del Monasterio Tues.–Sun. 9:30–1:30 and 4–6 (7 Mar.–end Sept)
- Location: Ripoll
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more