The Pyrenees Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Appreciate the Romanesque: Stop at Taüll and see the exquisite Romanesque churches and mural paintings of the Noguera de Tor valley.
Explore Spain's Grand Canyon: The Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido has stunning scenery, along with marmots and mountain goats.
Hike the highlands: Explore the verdant Basque highlands of the Baztán Valley and follow the Bidasoa River down to colorful Hondarribia and the Bay of Biscay.
Ski at Baqueira-Beret: With 141 km (84 mi) of slopes and 78 of the most varied trails in the Pyrenees, this is where King Juan Carlos I skis with his family.
Ride the cogwheel train at Ribes de Freser, near Ripoll: Ascend the gorge to the sanctuary and ski station at Vall de Núria, then hike to the remote highland valley and refuge of Coma de Vaca.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Tryp Zaragoza Fr $56+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $15/night less
- $58 & Up: Eurostars Plaza Delicias 3-Star Hotel in Zaragoza Expedia
- 4-Star Zenit Don Yo Fr $52+/Nt — $52 Hotels.com
- AC Zaragoza Los Enlaces by Marriott in May: $78 & Up — $78 Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- 4-Star Melia Zaragoza Fr $62+/Nt — $62 Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less