The Pyrenees Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Appreciate the Romanesque: Stop at Taüll and see the exquisite Romanesque churches and mural paintings of the Noguera de Tor valley.
Explore Spain's Grand Canyon: The Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido has stunning scenery, along with marmots and mountain goats.
Hike the highlands: Explore the verdant Basque highlands of the Baztán Valley and follow the Bidasoa River down to colorful Hondarribia and the Bay of Biscay.
Ski at Baqueira-Beret: With 141 km (84 mi) of slopes and 78 of the most varied trails in the Pyrenees, this is where King Juan Carlos I skis with his family.
Ride the cogwheel train at Ribes de Freser, near Ripoll: Ascend the gorge to the sanctuary and ski station at Vall de Núria, then hike to the remote highland valley and refuge of Coma de Vaca.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe