Fodor's Spain 2014
La Catedral Review
Dine on top of Roman ruins or over a Roman well while sampling an eclectic mix of Japanese and Spanish dishes in this cozy restaurant that shares its façade with the Roman theater. The ancient and new décor blends in well over the three floors (even the bathroom is worth a visit), and waiters are happy to give guided tours. Highlights on the concise menu include tempura de setas con wasabi y ajos tiernos (mushroom tempura with wasabi sauce and garlic shoots), calamares con gambas al ajillo (squid with garlic prawns), and lubina al queso azul (sea bass with blue cheese). Locals flock to La Catedral so go early or reserve a table. If you want lunch before 1 pm, call the restaurant and ask them to open early for you.
- Address: Pl. Conesa de Peralta 7, Cartagena, 30302
- Phone: 868/066558
- Location: Cartagena
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I'm looking at using Hotwire for a possible upcoming trip which will include both London and Barcelona.
I've been to London several times and spent a semester there in 1999, but have never used Hotwire Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more