Fodor's Spain 2014
El Girasol Review
Although this is a well-established vegetarian and vegan venue, the dishes prepared here with local produce are favorites among omnivorous locals. The cafe has a laid-back hippyesque atmosphere with a technicolor sunflower painting on one wall and framed photos on the others. The lunch menu is an excellent value; it includes a salad buffet plus two courses, dessert, organic bread, and water. Specialties include zucchini pancake with gorgonzola cheese, and cousous al pesto with apple dressing. Leave room for the Indian-style grilled yogurt. El Girasol fills up quickly so get here early or make a reservation if there are more than two of you.
- Address: Calle San José 22, Murcia, 30003
- Phone: 968/217235
- Location: Murcia
- Closed Sun. No dinner Mon.–Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Will be spending 5 days in Toulouse in May and looking to add some days before to see some new sights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more