- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Buses are generally less popular than trains, though they're sometimes faster. Madrid has no central bus station: most of southern and eastern Spain (including Toledo) is served by the Estación del Sur. Estación de Avenida de América and Estación del Sur have subway stops (Avenida de América and Méndez Álvaro).
Red city buses (€1.50) run from about 6 am to 11:30 pm.
Estación del Avenida de América (Av. de América 9, Salamanca, Madrid, 28002. No phone. Metro: Av. de América.)
Estación del Sur (Méndez Álvaro s/n, Atocha, Madrid, 28045. No phone. www.estaciondeautobuses.com. Metro: Méndez Álvaro.)
Intercambiador de Moncloa (Princesa 89, Moncloa, Madrid, 28008. No phone. Metro: Moncloa.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe