- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Buses are generally less popular than trains, though they're sometimes faster. Madrid has no central bus station: most of southern and eastern Spain (including Toledo) is served by the Estación del Sur. Estación de Avenida de América and Estación del Sur have subway stops (Avenida de América and Méndez Álvaro).
Red city buses (€1.50) run from about 6 am to 11:30 pm.
Estación del Avenida de América (Av. de América 9, Salamanca, Madrid, 28002. No phone. Metro: Av. de América.)
Estación del Sur (Méndez Álvaro s/n, Atocha, Madrid, 28045. No phone. www.estaciondeautobuses.com. Metro: Méndez Álvaro.)
Intercambiador de Moncloa (Princesa 89, Madrid, 28008. No phone. Metro: Moncloa.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enjoy Spain on a Budget! Flights to Madrid From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- May deal: Compostela Suites Apartments Fr $66+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Visit Madrid for Less: Hotels Fr $86+/Nt Travelocity
- 4-Star Madrid Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1262 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at NH La Habana Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Save with Expedia, $17/night less