- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Madrid's Barajas Airport is Europe's fourth largest. Terminal 4 (T-4) handles flights from 32 carriers, including American Airlines, British Airways, and Iberia. All other U.S. airlines use Terminal 1.
Airport terminals are connected by a bus service and also to the metro (Línea 8) and take you to the city center in 30 to 45 minutes for €2.50 (€1.50 plus a €1 airport supplement). For €1.50 there's also a convenient bus to Avenida de América, where you can catch the subway or a taxi to your hotel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe