- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This restaurant, decorated in dramatic dark wood, gleaming silver, and apricot hues, introduced nouvelle Basque cuisine to Spain in the 1970s and has since become a Madrid classic. It's particularly known for using the best and freshest seasonal products available as well as for having the best service in town. Making use of ingredients such as various fungi, game, and hard-to-find seafood, the food here tends to be unusual—it's not one of those places where they cook with liquid nitrogen, yet you won't find these dishes elsewhere.
- Address: Alvarez de Baena 4, Salamanca, Madrid, 28006 | Map It
- Phone: 91/561–4840
- Website: www.restaurantezalacain.com
- Metro: Gregorio Marañón.
- Location: Chamberí, Retiro, and Salamanca
- Jacket and tie.
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Easter wk. and Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
We are going to be in Madrid March 22-28. Read more
· News & Features
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history tha ... Read more
From tapas dive bars to triple Michelin-starred restaurants, Madrid's dining scene has it all.... Read more
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca distric... Read more