Young chef Jaime Renedo surprises even the most jaded palates in this unique setting—his mother's Asian antiques furniture store, which used to be a ham-drying shed, where seats are amid a Vietnamese bed, a life-size Buddha, and other merchandise for sale. Renedo brings to his job a contagious enthusiasm for cooking and experimentation as well as painstaking attention to detail, and the eclectic 15-dish fixed sampler menu (€85, and the only menu on offer) perfectly balances Spanish, East Asian, Peruvian, and Japanese cooking traditions. If you're willing to forfeit exclusiveness but want to indulge in a milder version of the chef's creations, try the adjacent and much more affordable Asiana Next Door.
- Address: Travesía de San Mateo 4, Chueca, Madrid, 28004 | Map It
- Phone: 91/310–4020; 91/310–0965
- Website: www.restauranteasiana.com
- Subway: Tribunal
- Location: Chueca and Malasaña
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and Aug. No lunch.