- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Goizeko Wellington Review
Aware of the more sophisticated palate of Spain's new generation of diners, the owners of the traditional Madrileño dreamland that is Goizeko Kabi opened this other restaurant that shares the virtues of its kin but has none of its stuffiness. The menu here delivers the same quality fish, house staples such as the kokotxas de merluza (hake jowls) either grilled or sautéed with herbs and olive oil, and the chipirones en su tinta (line-caught calamari cooked in its own ink); as well as pastas, a superb lobster and crayfish risotto, and some hearty bean stews. The interior of the restaurant is warm and modern with citrus-yellow walls.
- Address: Hotel Wellington, Villanueva 34, Salamanca, Madrid, 28001 | Map It
- Phone: 91/577–6026
- Metro: Retiro, Príncipe de Vergara.
- Location: Chamberí, Retiro, and Salamanca
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat. in July and Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Me (23) and my partner (21) have booked a contiki tour that starts in Istanbul on the 16th of May, and finishes in Athens on the 26th of May. Read more
· News & Features
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca distric ... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Purchase the Paseo del Arte (Art Walk) pass for easy access to three art museums in Madrid.... Read more