Soccer in Madrid
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fútbol is Spain's number-one sport, and Madrid has four teams, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Rayo Vallecano, and Getafe. The two major teams are Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid. For tickets, either call a week in advance to reserve and pick them up at the stadium or stand in line at the stadium of your choice.
Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. Home to Real Madrid, the stadium seats 85,400. Paseo de la Castellana 140, Chamartín, Madrid, 28046. 91/398–4300. www.realmadrid.es.
Estadio Vicente Calderón. Atlético Madrid plays at this stadium, which is on the edge of the Manzanares River south of town. Virgen del Puerto 67, Arganzuela, Madrid, 28005. 91/366–4707; 90/253–0500 ticket sales. www.clubatleticodemadrid.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe