- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The public Ferrocarriles de Mallorca railway line connects Palma and Inca, with stops at about half a dozen villages en route.
A journey on the privately owned Palma-Sóller railway is a must: completed in 1912, it still uses the carriages from that era. The line trundles across the plain to Bunyola, then winds through tremendous mountain scenery to emerge high above Sóller. An ancient tram connects the Sóller terminus to Port de Sóller, leaving every hour on the hour, 9 to 6; the Palma terminal is near the corner of the Plaça d'Espanya, on Calle Eusebio Estada next to the Inca rail station.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87 & up -- Barcelona: 4-Star Hotel thru Summer, 40% Off Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $629 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic CruisesOnly
- Spain Family IExplore
- Spain Family — $3,569 IExplore