- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The moutain road between Sóller from Palma is spectacular—lemon and olive trees on stone-walled terraces, farmhouses perched on the edges of forested cliffs—but demanding. If you're driving to Sóller, take the tunnel (€4.45) at Alfàbia instead. Save your strength for even better mountain roads ahead. You can travel in retro style from Palma on one of the seven daily trains (round-trip €17) from Plaça d'Espanya—a string of wooden coaches with leather-covered seats dating from 1912.
In Sóller, a charming old trolley car called the Tranvia de Sóller threads its way from the train station down through town to Port de Sóller. The fare is €4 round-trip.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe