- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Es Moli de Foc
Es Moli de Foc Review
Originally a flour mill—de foc means "of fire," signifying that the mill was operated by internal combustion—this is the oldest building in the village of Sant Climent. The interior, with paintings by local artists on the mellow yellow walls, is inviting and the food is exceptional—prawn carpaccio with cured Mahón cheese and artichoke oil, black paella with monkfish and squid, and carrilleras de ternera (boiled beef cheeks) with potato purée are standouts, or ask for the separate menu of arrozes (rice dishes)—the best on the island and arguably some of the best in Spain. End with Minorcan cheese ice cream and figs. In summer, book a table on the terrace. With a brewery on the premises, visible behind glass, you'll know what to drink.
- Address: Carrer Sant Llorenç 65, 4 km (2½ miles) southwest of town Sant Climent, Minorca 07712 | Map It
- Phone: 971/153222
- Website: www.esmolidefoc.es
- Location: Mahón (Maó)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan. and Mon. Oct.–May. No dinner Sun. No lunch Mon. July and Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
We have about a week to spend in the Balearics before joining a tour of northern Spain in Barcelona on Sept 6. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more