- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
El Jàgaro Review
This simple waterfront restaurant, at the east end of the harbor promenade, is a local favorite. The lunchtime crowd comes for the platter of lightly fried mixed fish with potatoes, while in the evening you can enjoy grilled pescado de roca (rockfish) or sepia (cuttlefish). The ortigues (sea anemones) are a house specialty not to be missed. The menu takes a quantum leap in price for the €67 spiny lobster, a delicacy in its various forms. The prix-fixe lunch is a good value at €15.50.
- Address: Moll de Llevant 334–35, Mahón, Minorca 07701
- Phone: 971/362390
- Location: Mahón (Maó)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun. Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
Hello everyone, my Husband and I are in our 50's and considering a pilgrimage along the Camino Frances from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela in the month of September, I'm starting to gather information, Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more