- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Jàgaro Review
This simple waterfront restaurant, at the east end of the harbor promenade, is a local favorite. The lunchtime crowd comes for the platter of lightly fried mixed fish with potatoes, while in the evening you can enjoy grilled pescado de roca (rockfish) or sepia (cuttlefish). The ortigues (sea anemones) are a house specialty not to be missed. The menu takes a quantum leap in price for the €75 spiny lobster, a delicacy in its various forms. The prix-fixe lunch is a good value at €15.50.
- Address: Moll de Llevant 334-35, Mahón, Minorca 07701
- Phone: 971/362390
- Location: Mahón (Maó)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.; no dinner Sun. Nov.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Jun deal: Gran Melia Victoria Fr $277+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- $116 & Up: Cheap Palma de Mallorca Stay Save with Hotels.com, $31/night less
- Journey to Europe on the MSC Sinfonia (MSC Cruises)! Fr $499 Expedia
- Save Big This Jun! Book 3 Nts at Tryp Bellver Fr $163+/Nt — $163 Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- Explore Palma de Mallorca For Less! Book Fr $320+/Nt — $320 Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
Just got back from a few days in Barcelona with a fellow Fodorite. Read more
I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. Read more
I'm traveling to Spain with my parents in June. Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more