- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Jàgaro Review
This simple waterfront restaurant, at the east end of the harbor promenade, is a local favorite. The lunchtime crowd comes for the platter of lightly fried mixed fish with potatoes, while in the evening you can enjoy grilled pescado de roca (rockfish) or sepia (cuttlefish). The ortigues (sea anemones) are a house specialty not to be missed. The menu takes a quantum leap in price for the €67 spiny lobster, a delicacy in its various forms. The prix-fixe lunch is a good value at €15.50.
- Address: Moll de Llevant 334–35, Mahón, Minorca 07701
- Phone: 971/362390
- Location: Mahón (Maó)
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun. Nov.–Mar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I wil be visiting the Sagrada Familia for the third time, but going up a tower for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more