- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Museu d'Es Baluard (Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of Palma)
Museu d'Es Baluard (Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of Palma) Review
At the western end of the city, this museum rises on a long-neglected archaeological site, parts of which date back to the 12th century. The building itself is an outstanding convergence of old and new: the exhibition space uses the surviving 16th-century perimeter walls of the fortified city, including a stone courtyard facing the sea and a promenade along the ramparts. There are three floors of galleries, and the collection includes work by Miró, Picasso, Henri Magritte, Tapiès, Alexander Calder, and other major artists. The courtyard café-terrace Restaurant del Museu (Nov.–May, Tues.–Sun. 10–8; Jun.–Oct. 10 am–midnight) affords a fine view of the marina.
- Address: Pl. Porta de Santa Catalina 10, Palma, Majorca 07012 | Map It
- Phone: 971/908200
- Cost: Wed., Thurs. and weekends €6; Tues. €4.50; voluntary contributions (minimum: 10 centimos) Fri.; free some weekends in Feb.
- Hours: Tues.–Sat. 10–8; Sun. 10–3
- Website: www.esbaluard.org
- Location: Palma de Majorca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Though the trip has been been in the works for quite a while, we are just now booking flights, hotels, trains, etc. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more