- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Majorca has two notable nature reserves, ideal for bird-watchers.
S'Albufera de Majorca. This is the largest wetlands zone in Majorca. Ctra. Port d'Alcúdia–Ca'n Picafort, Palma, Majorca, 07458. 971/892250. www.mallorcaweb.net/salbufera. Daily 9–5 (to 6 Apr.–Sept.).
Sa Dragonera. With a large colony of sea falcons, Sa Dragonera is accessible by boat from Sant Elm, at the western tip of Majorca. Palma de Majorca, Majorca. 971/180632. Daily 9–4 (to 5 Apr.–Sept.).
Cruceros Margarita. Boats to Sa Dragonera leave from the port of Sant Elm, at the western tip of the island, every day (except Sunday) between February and September at 10:15, 11:15, 12:15, and 2:45. The fare is €12. Palma de Majorca, Majorca. 639/617545. www.crucerosmargarita.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe