- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
All but the briefest visits to Majorca should include at least an overnight stay in Sóller, one of the most beautiful towns on the island, notable for the palatial homes built in the 19th and early 20th centuries by the landowners and merchants who thrived on the export of the region's oranges, lemons, and almonds. Many of the buildings here, like the Church of Sant Bartomeu and the Bank of Sóller, on the Plaça Constitució, and the nearby Can Prunera, are gems of the Moderniste style, designed by contemporaries of Antoni Gaudí. The tourist information office in the town hall, next to Sant Bartomeu, has a walking tour map of the important sites.
Sóller at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's