- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Santa Gertrudis de Fruitera
Blink and you miss it: that's true of most of the small towns in the island's interior and especially so of Santa Gertrudis, not much more than a bend in the road. But Santa Gertrudis is worth a look. The town square is paved with brick and closed to vehicle traffic—perfect for the sidewalk cafés. From here, you are only a few minutes' drive from some of the island's flat-out best resort hotels and spas and the most beautiful secluded northern coves and beaches: S'Illa des Bosc, Benirrás (where they have drum circles to salute the setting sun), S'Illot des Renclí, Portinatx, and Caló d'En Serra. Artists and expats like it here: they've given the town an appeal that now makes for listings of half a million dollars or more for a modest two-bedroom chalet.
Santa Gertrudis de Fruitera at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's