Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A Wine Detour
Binissalem, about a half-hour drive (25 km [15 mi]) from Palma, is the center of one of the island's two D.O. (Denominación de Orígen) registered wine regions and has a riotous harvest festival in mid-September, when surplus grapes are dumped by the truckload for participants to fling at each other. Some of Marjorca's best wineries are here, many of them open for tastings and tours.
Bodegas José Ferrer. This is one of the largest of the Majorca's wineries, which can be visited for tastings (€6) on weekdays at 11 am and 4:30 pm. Conquistador 103, Crta. Palma-Alcudía, Binissalem, Majorca, 07350. 971/511050. www.vinosferrer.com.
Bodega Antonio Nadal Ros. This winery is hard to find, but it's worth a detour as it exports none of its production. It's open for tasting visits on weekdays 9–1 and 3–5, and Saturday 10–2. Camino de Son Roig s/n, Binissalem, Majorca, 07350. 630/914511. www.bodegasantonionadal.es.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe