Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Pamper yourself: Luxurious boutique hotels on restored and redesigned rural estates are the hip accommodations in the Balearics. Many have their own holistic spas: restore and redesign yourself at one of them.
Enjoy seafood delicacies: Seafood specialties come straight from the boat to portside restaurants all over the islands.
Party hard: Ibiza's summer club scene is the biggest, wildest, glitziest in the world.
Take in the gorgeous views: The miradores (lookouts) of Majorca's Tramuntana, along the road from Valldemossa to Sóller, highlight the most spectacular seacoast in the Mediterranean.
Discover Palma: Capital of the Balearics, Palma is one of the unsung great cities of the Mediterranean—a showcase of medieval and modern architecture, a venue for art and music, a mecca for sailors, and a killer place to shop for shoes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe