- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The official El Camino de Santiago en Bicicleta leaflet available from Información Xacobeo or from the Santiago tourist office warns that the approximately 800-km (525-mi) route from the French border to Santiago is a very tough bike trip—bridle paths, dirt tracks, rough stones, and mountain passes. The best time of year to tackle it is late spring or early autumn. Tourist offices in Asturias sell the booklet Rutas de Montaña, Senderismo, Montañismo y Bicicleta de Montaña, which outlines different routes, for about €1.20. Bici Total, in Santiago, rents bikes, as do some hotels.
Santiago bike route information (www.caminhodesantiago.com.br/index3.htm.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe