- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Centro Galego de Arte Contemporánea (Galician Center for Contemporary Art)
Centro Galego de Arte Contemporánea (Galician Center for Contemporary Art) Review
On the north side of town, off the Porta do Camino, the CGAC is a stark but elegant modern building that contrasts with the ancient feel of most other places in Santiago. Portuguese designer Álvaro Siza built the museum of smooth, angled granite, which mirrors the medieval convent of San Domingos de Bonaval next door. Inside, a gleaming lobby of white Italian marble gives way to white-walled, high-ceiling exhibition halls flooded with light from massive windows and skylights. The museum has a good permanent collection and even better changing exhibits.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Has anyone been?
We have visited Andalucia many, many times and have always wanted to experience some of what goes on in El Rocio/ on the way to the festival.
Anyone have any details about the routes Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more