Galicia and Asturias Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Experience gourmet heaven: The beautiful Santiago de Compostela is said to contain more restaurants and bars per square mile than any other city in Spain.
Sleep in a luxurious parador: El Parador de Baiona is arguably Spain's most elegant parador.
Go on rugged hikes: Spend days in the spectacular Picos de Europa range getting lost in forgotten mountain villages.
Get in on the grapevine: The Ribeira region yields Spain's—if not Europe's—finest white wines.
Enjoy the waterfront activity: Watch the oyster hawkers at work while dining on a fresh catch on Vigo's Rúa Pescadería.
Discover Santander: With its intoxicating schedule of live music, opera, and theater performances on the beach and in gardens and monasteries, the city's August festival of music and dance is the perfect backdrop for exploring this vibrant city.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe