- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The A9 motorway provides excellent access to and from Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, Vigo, and Portugal, while Spain's north coast and France are accessible along the N634.
Buses run every hour from A Coruña to Santiago. Trains also operate on an hourly basis to Santiago and Pontevedra from the city's San Cristóbal rail station; Madrid can be reached in eight hours on the fast track Talgo service.
Outside the old town, the city's local buses shuttle back and forth between the Darsena de la Marina seafront and relatively far-flung attractions such as the Domus science museum and Torre de Hercules lighthouse.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Real 3 Nts in May Fr $134+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Save 10% on this stay!: Eurostars Ciudad de la Coruna in May Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- Explore La Coruna For Less! Book Fr $42+/Nt — $42 Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- May deal: Husa Center Coruna Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- 4-Star Eurostars Ciudad de la Coruna Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Hotels.com