Sights & Attractions in Extremadura
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sights & Attractions Extremadura
|A-G H-O P-Q R-Z « Prev |  Next »|
To get to this sturdy square fortress, built by the Romans and...
|Castles / Palaces, Military Sites, Archaeological Sites||Mérida|
Basílica de Santa Eulalia
Originally a Visigothic structure, this basilica marks the site...
|Religious Sites, Memorials / Monuments||Mérida|
Cabezuela del Valle
Full of half-timber stone houses, this is one of the valley's...
|Towns||Jerte and El Valle del Jerte (Jerte Valley)|
Casa del Deán
This striking Renaissance building is now a courthouse and not...
Casa Museo de Pizarro
The Pizarro family home is now a modest museum dedicated to the...
|Museums / Galleries||Trujillo|
For spectacular views, climb this large fortress, built by the...
|Castles / Palaces||Trujillo|
Plasencia's cathedral was founded in 1189 and rebuilt after 1320...
Church of San Martín
Behind the Pizarro statue, this church is a Gothic structure...
Church of Santa María
Attached to a Romanesque bell tower, this Gothic church is the...
On high ground on the eastern side of the Plaza Mayor, the town...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Cáceres|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's