- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- privacy in the cottages
- outdoor activities
- main lodge often rented out to groups
- a bit isolated
Check Rates from our Partners
La Casería Review
One of Extremadura's first rural guesthouses, this rambling home is on a spectacular 120-acre working farm, once a 16th-century Franciscan convent. This is a place for animal lovers, as the household keeps lots of dogs and cats. In addition to the six rooms in the main lodge, there are three cottages, and you can also rent out the entire main house (€450). Activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, and paragliding can be arranged. It's wise to reserve in advance. Note that the sign is easy to miss.
- Address: N110, Km 378.5, about 10 km (6 miles) southeast of Jerte Navaconcejo, 10613 | Map It
- Phone: 927/173141
- Website: www.lacaseria.net
- Location: Jerte and El Valle del Jerte (Jerte Valley)
- 6 rooms, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I wil be visiting the Sagrada Familia for the third time, but going up a tower for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more