- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
At a Glance
- privacy in the cottages
- outdoor activities
- main lodge often rented out to groups
- a bit isolated
Check Rates from our Partners
La Casería Review
One of Extremadura's first rural guesthouses, this rambling home is on a spectacular 120-acre working farm, once a 16th-century Franciscan convent. This is a place for animal lovers, as the household keeps lots of dogs and cats. In addition to the six rooms in the main lodge, there are three cottages, and you can also rent out the entire main house (€450). Activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, and paragliding can be arranged. It's wise to reserve in advance. Note that the sign is easy to miss.
- Address: N110, Km 378.5, about 10 km (6 miles) southeast of Jerte Navaconcejo, 10613 | Map It
- Phone: 927/173141
- Website: www.lacaseria.net
- Location: Jerte and El Valle del Jerte (Jerte Valley)
- 6 rooms, 3 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I am researching apartments in both Seville and Granada. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more