- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Rural Finca El Carpintero
At a Glance
- cozy atmosphere
- nice grounds with swimming pool
- good value
- large disparity in quality between rooms and suites
Hotel Rural Finca El Carpintero Review
This restored 150-year-old stone mill and farmhouse has three types of hotel rooms, the best of which has a fireplace, a sitting room (salon), and its own entrance. The simpler rooms are elegant and colorful and have canopy wrought-iron beds; all the bathrooms have hydromassage tubs. The restaurant has wood beams and a cozy rustic feel, as well as a reasonably priced set menu. The friendly owners Ana and Javier can help arrange hikes, horseback riding, or bird-watching trips.
- Address: N110, Km 360.5, 9 km (5½ miles) northeast of Jerte Tornavacas, Cáceres, Cáceres 10611 | Map It
- Phone: 927/177089; 659/328110
- Website: www.fincaelcarpintero.com
- Location: Jerte and El Valle del Jerte (Jerte Valley)
- 5 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I wil be visiting the Sagrada Familia for the third time, but going up a tower for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more