- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Parador de Cáceres
At a Glance
- good blend of tradition and comfort
- fine cuisine and wines
- some rooms are basic
- old-town location can be confusing to reach by car
Check Rates from our Partners
Parador de Cáceres Review
This 14th-century palace in the old town provides a noble setting, with elegant public spaces filled with antiques. Guest rooms are comfortable and decorated in soft cream tones offset by stone walls and heavy wood beams. The restaurant, Torreorgaz, with tables on the terrace in summer, offers dishes such as solomillo de ibérico a la Torta del Casar (fillet of ibérico pig with creamy Torta del Casar sheep's cheese) or cabrito asado al romero (young goat roasted with rosemary). Friday to Sunday the parador's wine cellar, Enoteca Torreorgaz, holds wine tastings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Arriving in Barcelona on a cruise ship for 1 day.
Is it possible to do GIRONA comfortably in the 1 day, say leaving 8.30am to be back at the cruise ship say 5.30 pm that day?
If so, any suggestions as Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more