- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Palacio de los Duques de San Carlos (Palace of the Dukes of San Carlos)
Palacio de los Duques de San Carlos (Palace of the Dukes of San Carlos) Review
Next to the church of San Martín, this palace is now a convent of Hieronymite nuns who can occasionally be glimpsed on the balconies in full habit, hanging laundry or watering their flowers. The convent is closed to visitors, so the closest you'll get is tasting some of the wonderful pastries the nuns make, including perrunillas (almond cookies) and tocinillos del cielo (custardlike egg-yolk sweets), many of which are sold in local pastry shops.
- Address: Pl. Mayor, Trujillo, 10200
- Phone: 927/320058
- Location: Trujillo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Bikerscott and I are off to Barcelona and San Sebastián next month and having never been to Spain I could really use your help!
Our main interests are food, wine and photography. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more