- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Santiago de los Caballeros
Santiago de los Caballeros Review
The chief building of interest outside the walls of Cáceres' old town, this church was rebuilt in the 16th century by Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón, Spain's last great Gothic architect. The easiest way to reach the church is by exiting the old town on the west side, through the Socorro gate. Inside the church, there is a single nave with ribbed vaults, and a choir stall in the back. The magnificent altarpiece was commissioned in 1557 and made by the Valladolid-based master Alonso de Berruguete.
- Address: Pl. de Santiago, Cáceres, 10003
- Hours: Daily dawn–dusk
- Location: Cáceres
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Arriving in Barcelona on a cruise ship for 1 day.
Is it possible to do GIRONA comfortably in the 1 day, say leaving 8.30am to be back at the cruise ship say 5.30 pm that day?
If so, any suggestions as Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more