- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
San José and the Cabo de Gata Nature Reserve
San José is the largest village in the southern part of the Cabo de Gata Nature Reserve and has a pleasant bay, though these days the village has rather outgrown itself and can be quite busy in summer. Those preferring smaller, quieter destinations should look farther north at places such as Agua Amarga and the often-deserted nearby beaches.
San José and the Cabo de Gata Nature Reserve at a Glance
Elsewhere in Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's