- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Asador La Chumbera
Asador La Chumbera Review
This stylish restaurant, in a villa off the coastal road just north of Agua Amarga, is a good dining spot in the area. It has only a handful of tables, so reservations are strongly recommended. Try to come for sunset for the stunning sea views from the terrace; the dining room, with arches, terra-cotta tile work, and three fireplaces, is also quite pleasant. The menu revolves around meat and fish grilled over an open fire. Try the grilled Camembert as a starter, followed by prime beef steak from Ávila in northern Spain or grilled sole or squid, caught locally. Flamenco shows are held weekly.
- Address: Los Ventorrillos, Agua Amarga, 04149
- Phone: 634/676298
- Location: Agua Amarga
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan. and Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
My cousin and I are arriving in Madrid on May 1 (international flight, Emirates flight) at 1:45pm and need to get to San Sebastian that same day. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more