- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Asador La Chumbera
Asador La Chumbera Review
This stylish restaurant, in a villa off the coastal road just north of Agua Amarga, is a good dining spot in the area. It has only a handful of tables, so reservations are strongly recommended. Try to come for sunset for the stunning sea views from the terrace; the dining room, with arches, terra-cotta tile work, and three fireplaces, is also quite pleasant. The menu revolves around meat and fish grilled over an open fire. Try the grilled Camembert as a starter, followed by prime beef steak from Ávila in northern Spain or grilled sole or squid, caught locally. Flamenco shows are held weekly.
- Address: Los Ventorrillos, Agua Amarga, 04149
- Phone: 634/676298
- Location: Agua Amarga
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan. and Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
The only recent information about DCC was a post in October from IndyDad about his experiences. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more