- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
At a Glance
- classic hotel
- superb service and facilities
- a drive from Marbella's restaurants and nightlife
- slightly stuffy
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Marbella Club Review
The grande dame of Marbella hotels offers luxurious rooms, tropical grounds, and sky-high rates. It was a creation of the late Alfonso von Hohenlohe, a Mexican-Austrian aristocrat who helped turn the town into a playground for the rich and famous. Lofty palm trees, dazzling flower beds, and a beachside tropical pool area all emphasize the sense of seclusion here. The bungalow-rooms vary in size; some have private pools. The main restaurant has a classy, eclectic menu of modern Mediterranean cuisine; if you can't afford a meal, stop by for a cocktail in the piano bar (open in the summer).
- Address: Blvd. Principe Alfonso von Hohenlohe at Ctra. de Cádiz, Km 178, 3 km (2 miles) west of Marbella Marbella, 29600 | Map It
- Phone: 952/822211
- Website: www.marbellaclub.com
- Location: Marbella
- 84 rooms, 37 suites, 14 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Which town offers the best flamenco shows? Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more