- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- classic hotel
- superb service and facilities
- a drive from Marbella's restaurants and nightlife
- slightly stuffy
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Marbella Club Review
The grande dame of Marbella hotels offers luxurious rooms, tropical grounds, and sky-high rates. It was a creation of the late Alfonso von Hohenlohe, a Mexican-Austrian aristocrat who helped turn the town into a playground for the rich and famous. Lofty palm trees, dazzling flower beds, and a beachside tropical pool area all emphasize the sense of seclusion here. The bungalow-rooms vary in size; some have private pools. The main restaurant has a classy, eclectic menu of modern Mediterranean cuisine; if you can't afford a meal, stop by for a cocktail in the piano bar (open in the summer).
- Address: Blvd. Principe Alfonso von Hohenlohe at Ctra. de Cádiz, Km 178, 3 km (2 miles) west of Marbella Marbella, 29600 | Map It
- Phone: 952/822211
- Website: www.marbellaclub.com
- Location: Marbella
- 84 rooms, 37 suites, 14 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Me (23) and my partner (21) have booked a contiki tour that starts in Istanbul on the 16th of May, and finishes in Athens on the 26th of May. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more