- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
At a Glance
- classic hotel
- superb service and facilities
- a drive from Marbella's restaurants and nightlife
- slightly stuffy
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Marbella Club Review
The grande dame of Marbella hotels offers luxurious rooms, tropical grounds, and sky-high rates. It was a creation of the late Alfonso von Hohenlohe, a Mexican-Austrian aristocrat who helped turn the town into a playground for the rich and famous. Lofty palm trees, dazzling flower beds, and a beachside tropical pool area all emphasize the sense of seclusion here. The bungalow-rooms vary in size; some have private pools. The main restaurant has a classy, eclectic menu of modern Mediterranean cuisine; if you can't afford a meal, stop by for a cocktail in the piano bar (open in the summer).
- Address: Blvd. Principe Alfonso von Hohenlohe at Ctra. de Cádiz, Km 178, 3 km (2 miles) west of Marbella Marbella, 29600 | Map It
- Phone: 952/822211
- Website: www.marbellaclub.com
- Location: Marbella
- 84 rooms, 37 suites, 14 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
Anyone been Zaggaramurdi in northern Spain? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more