- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- classic hotel
- superb service and facilities
- a drive from Marbella's restaurants and nightlife
- slightly stuffy
- extremely expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Marbella Club Review
The grande dame of Marbella hotels offers luxurious rooms, tropical grounds, and sky-high rates. It was a creation of the late Alfonso von Hohenlohe, a Mexican-Austrian aristocrat who helped turn the town into a playground for the rich and famous. Lofty palm trees, dazzling flower beds, and a beachside tropical pool area all emphasize the sense of seclusion here. The bungalow-rooms vary in size; some have private pools. The main restaurant ($$$) has a classy, eclectic menu of modern Mediterranean cuisine. If you can't afford to stay here, at least stop by for afternoon tea, served daily in summer from 4 to 6:30.
- Address: Blvd. Principe Alfonso von Hohenlohe at Ctra. de Cádiz, Km 178, 3 km (2 mi) west of MarbellaMarbella, 29600 | Map It
- Phone: 952/822211
- Website: www.marbellaclub.com
- Location: Marbella
- 84 rooms, 37 suites, 16 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
Just got back from a few days in Barcelona with a fellow Fodorite. Read more
I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more