- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For a contrast to the glamour of the coast, drive up to Ojén, in the hills above Marbella. Take note of the beautiful pottery and, if you're here the first week in August, don't miss the Fiesta de Flamenco (August), which attracts some of Spain's most respected flamenco names, including the Juan Peńa El Lebrijano, Miguel Póveda, and Marina Heredia. Four kilometers (2½ miles) from Ojén is the Refugio del Juanar, a former hunting lodge in the heart of the Sierra Blanca, at the southern edge of the Serranía de Ronda, a mountainous wilderness. A walking trail takes you a mile from the Refugio to the Mirador (lookout), with a sweeping view of the Costa del Sol and the coast of North Africa.
Elsewhere in Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's