Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería Hotel Reviews
Most hotels on the developed stretch between Torremolinos and Fuengirola offer large, functional rooms near the sea at competitive rates, but the area's popularity as a budget destination means that most such hotels are booked in high season by package-tour operators. Finding a room at Easter, in July and August, or over holiday weekends can be difficult if you haven't reserved in advance. In July and August many hotels require a stay of at least three days. Málaga is an increasingly attractive base for visitors to this corner of Andalusia and has some good hotels. Marbella, meanwhile, has more than its fair share of grand lodgings, including some of Spain's most expensive rooms. Gibraltar's handful of hotels tends to be more expensive than most comparable lodgings in Spain.
There are also apartments and villas for short- or long-term stays, ranging from traditional Andalusian farmhouses to luxury villas. An excellent source for apartment and villa rentals is Spain Holiday (952/204435 www.spain-holiday.com). For Marbella, you can also try Nordica Rentals (952/811552 www.nordicarentals.com) and for rural accommodation, www.malaga-turismo.net.
Browse Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería Hotels
- Hotel Carabeo
- Marbella Club
- Parador de Málaga–Gibralfaro
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's