Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Enjoy the sun and sand: Relax at any of the beaches; they're all free, though in summer there isn't much towel space.
Take a stroll: Spend a morning in Marbella's old town, stopping for a drink at Plaza de los Naranjos before the shops shut for the afternoon siesta.
Check out Puerto Banús: Wine, dine, and celebrity watch at the Costa's most luxurious and sophisticated port.
Eat seafood: Tuck into a dish of delicious fritura malagueño (fried fish, anchovies, and squid) at one of La Carihuela–area restaurants in Torremolinos.
Visit Cabo de Gata: This protected natural reserve is one of the wildest and most beautiful stretches of coast in Spain.
Shop for souvenirs: Check out the weekly market in one of the Costa resorts to pick up bargain-price souvenirs, like ceramics or Spanish music CDs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe