- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Benalmádena-Pueblo, the village proper, is on the mountainside 7 km (4 miles) from the coast. It's surprisingly unspoiled and offers a glimpse of the old Andalusia. Benalmádena-Costa, the beach resort, is practically an extension of Torremolinos; it's run almost exclusively by package-tour operators, although the marina does have shops, restaurants, and bars that may also appeal to independent travelers.
Benalmádena at a Glance
Elsewhere in Costa del Sol and Costa de Almería
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's