Built between 1616 and 1662 on the site of a former mosque, this church (called a concatedral because it shares the seat of the bishopric with the Concatedral de Orihuela) has an austere facade designed by Agustín Bernardino, a disciple of the great Spanish architect Juan de Herrera. Inside, it's dominated by a dome nearly 150 feet high, a pretty cloister, and a lavish baroque side chapel, the Santísima Sacramento, with an elaborate sculptured stone dome of its
own. Its name comes from the day that Alicante was reconquered—December 6, 1248—which is the feast day of St. Nicolás.
Pl. Abad Penalva 1, Alicante, 03002, Spain