Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca Restaurant Reviews
Catalonia's restaurants are increasingly and deservedly famous. Award-winning restaurant elBulli put this region on the gastronomic map, and a host of other first-rate establishments continue to offer inspiring fine dining in Catalonia, which began in the hinterlands at the legendary Hotel Empordà. But don't get the idea that you need to go to an internationally acclaimed restaurant to dine well. It's well known that former-elBulli star chef Ferran Adrià dines regularly at no-frills dives in Roses, where straight-up fresh fish is the day-in, day-out attraction. Northern Catalonia's Empordà region is known not only for seafood, but also for a rich assortment of inland and upland products. Beef from Girona's verdant pastureland is prized throughout Catalonia, while wild mushrooms from the Pyrenees and game from the Alberes range offer seasonal depth and breadth to menus across the region. From a simple beachside paella or llobarro (sea bass) at a chiringuito (shack) with tables on the sand, to the splendor of a meal at Celler de Can Roca, playing culinary hopscotch through Catalonia is a good way to organize a tour.
Browse Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's