- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The road to Calpe is very scenic, winding through cliffs and hills covered in villas and passing small, rocky, and pebbly bays. Calpe has an ancient history, and its strategic location attracted Phoenician, Greeks, Romans, and Moors. Today the Old Town, full of striking small streets and squares, is a delightful place to wander.
Visitor Information Calpe (Pl. del Mosquit s/n, Calpe, 03710. 965/838532. www.calpe.es.)
Elsewhere in Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's